Tuesday, September 16, 2014
186 Calorie Super Moist Pumpkin Spiced Sponge Cake
Please allow me to introduce you to my "Super Moist Pumpkin Spiced Sponge Cake!" At only 186 calories per serving, it is a very reasonable treat, or even breakfast! This baby is Gluten free, and has a lot of nutrition to offer!
Fat: 2.5 grams Carbs: 28 grams (8 grams fiber) Protein: 13.5 grams
2 large egg whites
5 packets stevia 0 calorie sweetner (or equivelant)
3 drops vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup Libby's pumpkin puree (canned)
1 Packet unflavored instant oatmeal (28 grams)
Cinnamon, & pumpkin pie spice to taste
1) Place the Oatmeal dry, in a blender or food processor and blend until it resembles a flour texture. This is called oat flour. In a bowl, add the 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, oat flour, 3 of the 5 stevia packets, and cinnamon/pumpkin pie spice and mix together until well mixed.
2) Place the 2 egg whites in a separate bowl big enough to whip them. Add the 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar, and 2 of the 5 stevia packets. Add in the 3 drops vanilla extract. With a whisk or electric mixer, beat the egg white mixture until it forms fluffy peaks, like whipped cream. (If you are using a whisk, you will need to beat in a circular motion, pretty intensely)
3) Fold the whipped cream egg white mixture into the pumpkin mixture, until it is marbled, but not completely mixed. (About 10-15 folds)
4) Microwave for 3-4 minutes on high, until the cake bounces back when touched. It will be more of a cheesecakey texture than a cake texture, this is normal.
5) Sprinkle cinnamon on top because you are fancy. Enjoy!